• You cannot reply to this topic

First Pendulum

#1 User is offline   RainyDay Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:love, writing, traveling

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:03 AM

I got a pendulum! I ordered it from India... I'm excited.. I've never worked with one before. I want to try it out. Anyone have tips for me?

#2 User is offline   free-spirit Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:07 PM

Congrats RainyDay,

Here is a really good book for learning how to use pendulums, it's titled Pendulum Magic for Beginners, by Richard Webber. There are many other books on the shelf, but this one covers allot of ground, and good for Beginners.

Look it up when you get the chance, I'm confident you will benefit from it.

#3 User is offline   RainyDay Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:45 AM

Thanks..hm, wasn't planning on ordering any books... thought maybe I could just find techniques online... probably trial and error with it.. I'll figure it out

#4 User is offline   ElyriaCrowley Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Reading, writing, drawing, and being outdoors.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:40 PM

I've used a pendulum before. I'm terrible at it. Terrible. lol

My only tip is to make sure you specify who you want to answer the questions you ask the pendulum: the universe, a deity, or your higher self.

That was what I struggled with the most. I could never, ever, take myself out of the equation. And if you don't take yourself out of it, your pendulum will answer with what you want to hear not the truth. It will reflect your greats hopes and fears and will make the pendulum unreliable.

A good beginner strategy is to first get it to spin. That took me a while to get the hang of. Make sure your arm is steady, possibly propped on a table, and always hold the pendulum in your fingers (or wrapped around your hand), not wrapped around something else that you hold. It must have contact with your skin. Ask the pendulum either out loud or in your head to spin counter clockwise or clockwise or diagonally. Don't close your eyes. For me, that made it harder.

Once you get it moving, it might be easier to draw a circle on a piece of paper and practice getting the pendulum to trace the shape. Draw a line in the middle and switch between tracing the circle and the line. If it helps, try commanding it (not grabbing it) to stop to make the transition easier. Draw another line. Switch between the three.

Once you have good control, you could start with basic yes or no questions. Before you start asking questions, say a prayer or affirmation or something to get you centered. Always at the start, ask the pendulum to show you it's yes and no or unsure or unclear (whatever you feel comfortable with) because it's possible these rotations can change with time. Ask your questions. Record your answers.

If you want to practice tapping into your intuition, post on the Reading Offers forum. Have people ask three (or more or less) questions with answers they already know. For example, is my name Beth? Is my favorite color black? Do I have a dog named Fred? I know the answers to those questions. So I'd be able to confirm whether what your pendulum picks up is accurate or not. (This is the step that I failed miserably on and I haven't tried again since. lol)

Once you get that, try a different technique for reading. Draw a circle on paper with several answers (yes, no, unsure, unclear, etc) and practice getting the pendulum to swing to the correct answers. This will benefit you if you ever start using it for readings, because it can offer more options.

Once you get that down, you can try actual readings!

It's a long process. But it's so fun. Like I said, I'm terrible at it. But now, all I have to do is touch a string with an anchor, and I can get it to swing. Still can't predict anything! lol But I still just love to watch it move.

(For fun, there's a game called the Pencil Test. It involves a pendulum [typically a pencil hanging by a thread, but any pendulum will do] and it can predict what children a woman will have. Have the woman lay her hand palm up on a table. Take the pendulum and hold it over her wrist. It will start to swing. It spins side to side for a girl, hand to elbow for a boy. A circular swing indicated it's moving on to the next child. It's my theory that how many circles it performs is how many years are between the births, but I have yet to verify this. It will predict, in order, the children a woman will birth. And it does not work on men. This accurately predicted my sisters baby [she didn't want to know the gender] and my step fathers aunts baby. It's a very fun thing to try!)

Good luck!

#5 User is offline   AeroHawk Icon

• PipPip
  • Interests:learning how things work.

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:41 AM

I know this is an old post but...

@RainyDay How did things work out with your pendulum? Are you still using it?

I ordered my first pendulum the other day, while waiting for it to get here, I made one... I used an Angelite (spelling?) stone that I had.

very happy that I did that.

@ElyriaCrowley Have you worked with your pendulum at all? From what you posted it seemed as if you where trying to force it,
instead of just letting it happen.
In Zen, a duality between Higher Self and Lower Self is not made because
if you believe in the Higher Self, this is a simple trick of the Lower Self.
Alan Watts

#6 User is offline   Village Witch Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:37 AM

I have several pendulums, none of which work for me. I can't use dowsing rods either. I have friends who love pendulums and dowsing rods and are very good with them.

I wish you all the best of luck in your relationship with your pendulum. What does it look like? My two favorite pendulums are carnelian and aquamarine. I don't know why I have favorite pendulums when they hate me. I swear they do.
When you try to fit in, you disappear.

#7 User is offline   AeroHawk Icon

• PipPip

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:05 PM

Village Witch my new pendulum (on its way) is golden quartz. I picked that one by feel knowing nothing about pendulums I googled them, looked through the list that came up.. lookin.. lookin... ahhh that one there, yes that one. she should be here later this week. so excited.

Those two pendulums, may just not be in harmony with you, sounds better than they hate you. :) I'm still working on if one of my spirit guides just doesn't want to communicate through a pendulum.
Alan Watts

#8 User is offline   Village Witch Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:16 PM

View PostAeroHawk, on 04 April 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

Village Witch my new pendulum (on its way) is golden quartz. I picked that one by feel knowing nothing about pendulums I googled them, looked through the list that came up.. lookin.. lookin... ahhh that one there, yes that one. she should be here later this week. so excited.

Sounds lovely. :)

View PostAeroHawk, on 04 April 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

Those two pendulums, may just not be in harmony with you, sounds better than they hate you. :) I'm still working on if one of my spirit guides just doesn't want to communicate through a pendulum.

Hahaha... Yeah, I don't think they really hate me, but they sure don't want to work with me. Oh well... We all have our divination methods that work for us. I love Lenormand and Kipper cards.

#9 User is offline   RainyDay Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

I was fascinated with my pendulum for about a month.. Maybe not my thing, or maybe this post popppinbg up means I should give it another go

#10 User is offline   AeroHawk Icon

• PipPip

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:15 PM

That would be awesome, I'd love to really dive in, talk about and learn all I can about them. I very interested in healing with one also.
I think you could even channel with a pendulum. No?
I don't know if there is a right or a wrong way to use these. I sit at my desk on here or search for info online, and I think of a question so I pick up my pendulum ask the question and it answers. I don't have to wait it responds right away. Or is it different for everyone?

Let me know what you think about it.
Alan Watts

#11 User is offline   Village Witch Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:03 PM

View PostAeroHawk, on 05 April 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

That would be awesome, I'd love to really dive in, talk about and learn all I can about them. I very interested in healing with one also.
I think you could even channel with a pendulum. No?
I don't know if there is a right or a wrong way to use these. I sit at my desk on here or search for info online, and I think of a question so I pick up my pendulum ask the question and it answers. I don't have to wait it responds right away. Or is it different for everyone?

That your pendulum responds to you right away is fantastic! I believe in studying and learning from others, but in the end there is no one right way to do any thing, except what works for you.

One thing I preach is to trust. Trust what is right for you. Trust what Spirit communicates to you. Trust trust trust. Posted Image

#12 User is offline   nigel Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:weather, sport and comedy

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:33 AM

my 1st pendulum was a lapis lazuli crystal with ganesha on the top of the pendulum which was quite amazing, I then had a pendulum that came up in my dreams and when I started talking about this particular pendulum it started swinging around so I added a rose quartz pendulum
the sun keeps me warm during the day,thinking of you makes me feel warm all night,you pick me up when I am down,you turn my frown upside down, I cant wait to meet you and fall in love with you sometime soon

#13 User is offline   AeroHawk Icon

• PipPip

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

View Postnigel, on 06 April 2017 - 02:33 AM, said:

my 1st pendulum was a lapis lazuli crystal with ganesha on the top of the pendulum which was quite amazing, I then had a pendulum that came up in my dreams and when I started talking about this particular pendulum it started swinging around so I added a rose quartz pendulum

Sounds real nice, It would be great to see. The one I am using now is just a polished piece of Angelite that I tied a braided line to it. I am going to wrap it in silver, add a chain and a horse shaped pendent on the end. I so love horses. The golden quartz one that is in the mail, I am thinking will be my one for healing and then I want to find one made of beech wood or I might just make that one also. The beech wood for chakra work. :)
Alan Watts

#14 User is offline   AeroHawk Icon

• PipPip

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:22 AM

View PostAngel Soul, on 07 April 2017 - 02:46 AM, said:

It's great you made your own pendulum, no wonder it responds to you so well.

I see you using the golden quartz pendulum for healing. I see a young man with dark hair allowing you to practice on him. You are holding the golden pendulum above his third eye chakra..Posted Image

Thank you very much, That is reassuring to me that I am here for the right reasons. I don't know much about healing with a pendulum or working with chakras.
I want to learn, twice in my life I have had this very strong and very emotional desire to heal someones ill's from afar. At those times I felt that was so important to me and the tears ran down my face. I wanted to take there pain and disease's away from them by somehow absorbing them into my body. I felt somehow
I was strong enough to endure the pain for them or consume the disease. It sounds crazy but at the time it made sense to me.

Thanks again

i n
Alan Watts

#15 User is offline   AeroHawk Icon

• PipPip

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:56 AM

I will read through both of those threads. :)
Alan Watts

#16 User is offline   RainyDay Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:07 PM

Ooo thank you for the good reads, angel

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic