Universal Psychic Guild Forum: What about the psychic life of a cat? - Universal Psychic Guild Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What about the psychic life of a cat?

#1 Guest_angelina12_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

Could a cat read a person or vice versa?

What will the cat's perceptions be of a person?

Why are cats significant.....to Egyptians at least?

I saw a visiting orange marmalade-striped cat outside, sometimes you wonder what these animals think, particularly when you have family cats etc.

#2 Guest_Moopurple_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

I think a cat can pick up on a person's general character. But I think all animals can. They read body language and facial expressions and are able to sense chemical reactions in a human much better than we are able to. I don't know if I would consider them psychic. Though maybe psychic to us if they have additional natural senses beyond those that we have. I guess that is what psychic powers are... :P

In ancient Egypt cats were considered early guardians. They killed animals that presented a threat to humans, such as disease carrying rodents or cobras. I guess this somehow lead to the worship of cats (I'm foggy on those details! I'm sure you could find it with a bit of research).

#3 User is offline   fooze Icon

• It's swamp gas!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

I think before I could begin to answer these questions, I would need to understand the intelligence, sentience or "cat consciousness". How do cats think and feel? Do they remember things? If they do these things, do they even do them in a way which is comparable or understandable by humans?

I did a little research, and here are some things I found interesting:

Intelligence through behavioural observation is defined as a composite of skills and abilities. The WAIS test is a measure of intelligence in adult homo sapiens. The test scores on four criteria; verbal comprehension, perceptual organisation, working memory and processing speed. In a comparitative evaluation from WAIS criteria, the cat is low in intelligence in verbal comprehension. The working memory of the domesticated cat is surmised from experiment as being 16 hours. The conduction of electricity in a computer cat-brain is at a processing speed of 61 trillion calculations per second, compared to approximately 2.2 quadrillion calculations per second for humans.

Factors that contribute to greater intelligence are the velocity at which electrical transmission is conducted and with the greater number of cortical neurons. The number of cortical neurons cat brain was calculated as 300 million. Compared to mammalian species this number was eleven-fourteenth in total. In computing terms, the cat's brain contains approximately 98 trillion bytes of data which it can process at a speed of 61 million million floating point operations per second.

Experimental results seemed to indicate that cats have no capacity for object permanence, as defined through investigation by J. Piaget with infants, further research made to identify a similar factor of cognition showed behaviour indicative of object permanence cognition, although of a different type to that identified initially by Piaget. Further research showed that the animal has an awareness of objects not directly available to sight, and also sensory-motor intelligence comparable with a two-year old child. In experimental conditions the memory of a cat was demonstrated as having an information-retention or recall, of a duration totaling as much as 10 years.

Observations have shown that cats can dream.

Posted Image

http://www.cat-behavior-info.com

I often wonder about how it would feel to be another creature. How does the world look from down there? Would I feel love, caring or affection for other creatures? Would I enjoy playing, or eating my favourite food in the same way?
this too shall pass
--
Spoiler

#4 User is offline   Lilly Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

Cats are psychic and they communicate the very same way dogs do,telepathically. I think they probably sense energy too,especially since they are so sensitive to paranormal activity. Watch the new show "The Haunted" on Animal planet,it's amazing how these animals sense the activity before the humans ever pick it up!
Now,I don't know what their fist impressions are of a "new human",my guess would be they sense the energy of the person and read that,then watch closely from afar to see how they like them. But,I do know they can definitely tell if the person likes animals or not.

#5 User is offline   paradroid Icon

• PipPip

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

I feel like animals - any kind - are especially perceptive and intuitive. They seem to be able to pick up on energies much more easily than people can. It's always fascinated me
“I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn’t impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.” -Anaïs Nin

#6 User is offline   MrGamma Icon

• PipPip

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:26 AM

Cats sense death, and in nursing homes they will sit on the chest of a dying person, and predict it's death more accurately than the doctors.

#7 User is offline   Victoria Icon

• The Queen of Hearts
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:07 AM

View PostMrGamma, on 25 June 2015 - 12:26 AM, said:

Cats sense death, and in nursing homes they will sit on the chest of a dying person, and predict it's death more accurately than the doctors.

\\

Cats are definitely psychic.

Birds are telepathic.

And apparently dogs 'smell' cancer.

Amazing.
:woofpup:
You must trust yourself even when the world doubts you.

Sri Chinmoy

"I believe in your reality as much as I believe in my own." Chamuel

Slow down!
Rushing won't get you there any quicker.

I think, therefore... I create my own reality.

Blessed are those who look after the animals, for theirs is the kingdom of love...
"Not to hurt our humble brethren (the animals) is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission -- to be of service to them whenever they require it. If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."

Saint Francis of Assisi

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO FEED THE ANIMALS -- ALL IT COSTS IS A CLICK.

#8 User is offline   Angel Soul Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Reiki healing and spiritual coaching
    Angels
  • More:Creative Thinker

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:59 AM

My dog is definitely psychic...cats are so mysterious. .when I was a kid I was convinced I'd been a cat in a previous life...I wonder where the say in 9 lives of a cat comes from.
Living life is spirituality in practice. Live life to the full.

#9 User is offline   Victoria Icon

• The Queen of Hearts
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:37 AM

View PostChamuel, on 26 June 2015 - 06:59 AM, said:

My dog is definitely psychic...cats are so mysterious. .when I was a kid I was convinced I'd been a cat in a previous life...I wonder where the say in 9 lives of a cat comes from.

Maybe you were a cat! What type would you be?

My daughter's cats also astral travel!

I can't tell you how many times I think they're here (I baby sit them now and again) and I get up to feed them and remember they are at their house. Their presence is palpable!

(PS although a Leo I think in my cat life I am a panther.)

Sri Chinmoy

Slow down!

Blessed are those who look after the animals, for theirs is the kingdom of love...
"Not to hurt our humble brethren (the animals) is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission -- to be of service to them whenever they require it. If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."

Saint Francis of Assisi

#10 User is offline   MrGamma Icon

• PipPip

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:36 AM

Um, birds are telepathic? Interesting. I thought the bird song had a little magic in the voice, the telepathic part is new with me however. Wonder

Cats probably sense a soul leaving the body, if a soul exists in the way it is popularized, or another form, or they see a energy spectrum which humans ignore.

There is an article or two out there which suggests the human eyes are devolved and less sensitive with spectrums or electromagnetic light.

Dogs sense energies, they will bark at sometimes totally inappropriate yet scary times.

May be wrong on any of these things, yet that's the way I see things.

#11 User is offline   Angel Soul Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Reiki healing and spiritual coaching
    Angels
  • More:Creative Thinker

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:43 AM

Oh I think a black witches cat..
Living life is spirituality in practice. Live life to the full.

#12 User is offline   Victoria Icon

• The Queen of Hearts
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:50 AM

View PostMrGamma, on 27 June 2015 - 12:36 AM, said:

Um, birds are telepathic? Interesting. I thought the bird song had a little magic in the voice, the telepathic part is new with me however. Wonder

Cats probably sense a soul leaving the body, if a soul exists in the way it is popularized, or another form, or they see a energy spectrum which humans ignore.

There is an article or two out there which suggests the human eyes are devolved and less sensitive with spectrums or electromagnetic light.

Dogs sense energies, they will bark at sometimes totally inappropriate yet scary times.

May be wrong on any of these things, yet that's the way I see things.

Try having a conversation 'in your head' with a bird...

Sri Chinmoy

Slow down!

Saint Francis of Assisi

#13 User is offline   MrGamma Icon

• PipPip

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:47 AM

View PostVictoria, on 27 June 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

Try having a conversation 'in your head' with a bird...

Interesting. Birds may give off that deeply inquisitive look.

They are one of the species on Earth with a heightened magneto ception ability. Perhaps there is something with Empathy and electro magnetics, or as popular opinion calls things, Quanta mechanics.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users