Universal Psychic Guild Forum: To Live Forever Would Be A Very Long Time... - Universal Psychic Guild Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

To Live Forever Would Be A Very Long Time...

#1 User is offline   Derple Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

#2 Guest_Dot_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

This is probably vain of me to link to, but it's a thread I made some years ago with questions similar to yours. I hope you take the time to look through it. http://forum.psychic...?showtopic=5351 You don't have to read the whole thing, it's quite long, but as long as you get the post by me and carefully read Arma's wise words (aka. the first 2 posts), that will be enough if you don't want to read more.

With the time question, I think our state of consciousness is highly dependent on what we perceive as time. With this in mind... what kind of consciousness exists in the after life? The answer to that question might provide us with clues as to how time is perceived, if at all. That, of course, depends on whether we live in any conscious form in the after life.

You aren't rambling, trust me! The questions are good. You can see that there are holes in what we know and what society/religion says, the tricky thing is figuring out the answers. It is confusing, and worrying.

To answer your question about living forever, I would have to agree, I think it would suck. I am unsure if 'deleting' yourself in the afterlife requires the destruction of God, but I don't remember dying, really. How do you stop something so powerful and omnipresent?

#3 User is offline   Derple Icon

• PipPip

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

#4 User is offline   Victoria Icon

• The Queen of Hearts
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostHorne27, on 27 May 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

Final Question.. Would you want to exist forever?

Thanks for taking the time to at least read this.

Not on earth but in the universe or the infinite complexity of multiverses... yes, I would love to 'live' forever!

You must trust yourself even when the world doubts you.

Sri Chinmoy

"I believe in your reality as much as I believe in my own." Chamuel

Slow down!
Rushing won't get you there any quicker.

I think, therefore... I create my own reality.

Blessed are those who look after the animals, for theirs is the kingdom of love...
"Not to hurt our humble brethren (the animals) is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission -- to be of service to them whenever they require it. If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."

Saint Francis of Assisi

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO FEED THE ANIMALS -- ALL IT COSTS IS A CLICK.

#5 User is offline   sascha aldrich Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:I'm interested in everything!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

I have a Question, I was speaking with my mother, And we both agreed, How horrible it must be to live forever. Not in our current Human bodies, But to live forever in the afterlife. Would you not ever get bored?

Who would "you" be if "you" died? In other words, whatever it is that persists "forever" after "your" death, it wouldn't be the "you" that fears boredom. That would be cast off. Ultimately, "it" would be un-born, eternal, for "it" to persist beyond "death" - to "not die".

Can you not ask in the afterlife to ask God to cease to exist?

Who would a water molecule in a cloud ask to not evaporate again and come down and end up in another river going to the sea?

And I don't understand something.. How can something exist without a start?

Exactly. Whatever has a start has an end. So, whatever persists beyond all "ends" never started in the first place.

The Ultimate Question must be, Why do I exist? When did I gain conciousness?

"You" "exist" as a particle of "everything" that has contracted within itself, and is now expanding back. "You" gained "your" "consciousness" when you began to associate with the illusion these words suggest. Really, there is just one infinite "everything" consciousness.

Another thing, How does Time work in the afterlife? People say their is no time. If you could compare the afterlife's time to Earths time, Then would it be faster or slower?

After death, the illusion of time expands to seem more like what it is. To the living, much time may seem to pass, but to you the same may seem like a few moments. But eventually, even this illusion is cast off. Not only was time an illusion, but "you" have been an illusion too. Time and space both.

If you existed forever, would you want at all? Wants and needs are relative, and proportional to the partial nature of relative existence where "we" may seem to be separate from "other" "things". But this is an illusion. Infinity doesn't "want" or "need" anything.

- Sascha

#6 User is offline   Nana1987 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

Now you think that it must be horrible to live forever because you are thinking about it in human terms, even when you state that it wouldn't be living in our current human bodies, you are seeing the whole issue with your human mind, and from a human perspective.

I think living forever must be awesome. Most of the times I feel I have no time and I wish time would go much slower. I'm interested in so many things, and yet time is so scarce. There is only so much time in this life. But if I was to live forever, I would learn to play all the instruments there are, learn as many languages, practice so many sports, learn how to sing better, I would travel (and imagining traveling through the whole universe if you are a spirit), I would rest as much as I want to, play, if there is such a thing as helping others - like as a volunteer - I would probably enjoy that too, etc, etc, etc. I don't think I would get bored. And when there is nothing to do, I'm sure you still would have your friends and family in that eternal life, I would be hanging out with mine and making new friends.

I don't know, may be at this point in your life you find yourself with too much time? Maybe you don't have enough interests at this point, so you feel bored and think eternal life would be the same?

#7 User is offline   waterlily Icon

• PipPip

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

I have a Question, I was speaking with my mother, And we both agreed, How horrible it must be to live forever. Not in our current Human bodies, But to live forever in the afterlife. Would you not ever get bored? Can you not ask in the afterlife to ask God to cease to exist?

And I don't understand something.. How can something exist without a start? Surely the afterlife must have a paradox for what created it. It kinda freaks me out, If you think about it long and hard. The Ultimate Question must be, Why do I exist? When did I gain conciousness?

I'm rambling now, The Universe and the afterlife seriously confuses me, And borderline worries me.

Another thing, How does Time work in the afterlife? People say their is no time. If you could compare the afterlife's time to Earths time, Then would it be faster or slower?

Sorry for the barrage of Questions, But It's natural to question one's existence.

If this is in the wrong sub-forum I apologise in advance.

I get all deep sometime and my guides stop me and tell me it's irrelevant. forever is awesome.. boredom is a human state of mind. :dance: You are thinking in human terms, not spirit/soul terms. Imagine total freedom, all time, total peace, total love!
Happiness is CHOICE so CHOOSE IT!

#8 User is offline   Victoria Icon

• The Queen of Hearts
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostNana1987, on 26 March 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

I think living forever must be awesome.

Me too! :dance:
You must trust yourself even when the world doubts you.

Sri Chinmoy

"I believe in your reality as much as I believe in my own." Chamuel

Slow down!
Rushing won't get you there any quicker.

I think, therefore... I create my own reality.

Blessed are those who look after the animals, for theirs is the kingdom of love...
"Not to hurt our humble brethren (the animals) is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission -- to be of service to them whenever they require it. If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."

Saint Francis of Assisi

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO FEED THE ANIMALS -- ALL IT COSTS IS A CLICK.

#9 User is offline   migalow Icon

• PipPip

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

i understand the point u r trying to make.

the best thing would be to live forever on this earth in a perfect body.

I have a Question, I was speaking with my mother, And we both agreed, How horrible it must be to live forever. Not in our current Human bodies, But to live forever in the afterlife. Would you not ever get bored? Can you not ask in the afterlife to ask God to cease to exist?

And I don't understand something.. How can something exist without a start? Surely the afterlife must have a paradox for what created it. It kinda freaks me out, If you think about it long and hard. The Ultimate Question must be, Why do I exist? When did I gain conciousness?

I'm rambling now, The Universe and the afterlife seriously confuses me, And borderline worries me.

Sorry for the barrage of Questions, But It's natural to question one's existence.

If this is in the wrong sub-forum I apologise in advance.

#10 User is offline   Village Witch Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

I don't worry about things like if I will or won't live for ever or even if I will live on after death of my earthly body. What will be will be. Nothing I can do about it anyway.

I do, however, feel a bit sad that human life on this planet is so short. I think about that just a few generations ago that people lived even shorter lives than they do now. Then I think about my hospice care patients and how long they languish in nursing homes and hope that my end comes long before I am warehoused like that.

Then I look at trees and wonder why they live so much longer than I do. Somehow I tend to equate of length of life as value of life, yet I do not really believe that.

In the end, I often think I would love to live forever so that I could learn everything I ever wanted to know. Then I think about native peoples living close to the land and wishing that could be my life. I have lived my life according to society dictates and what have I ended up with?

Sometimes I am happy and sometimes I am sad. Other times I just live one day at a time. I often feel that I am on hold waiting for my life to begin. I can't breath. I don't know how to get go and go with the flow. There are times I feel like I am going to crack into a million little pieces. *sigh* I'm not afraid to die. I something thing it will be a sweet release.

Sorry for the rant. It helped.
When you try to fit in, you disappear.

#11 User is offline   light. Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Music

Learning

Learning

Learning

Learning

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:30 AM

View Postwaterlily, on 26 March 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

I get all deep sometime and my guides stop me and tell me it's irrelevant. forever is awesome.. boredom is a human state of mind. :dance: You are thinking in human terms, not spirit/soul terms. Imagine total freedom, all time, total peace, total love!

Excellent point ...

#12 User is offline   Bluehorn Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Yes... I would love to live forever and not in some disembodied ethereal way either. I dream of my real immortal shape shifting god body lying dormant and waiting for me in some undiscovered subterranean pyramid. :D

#13 User is offline   light. Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Music

Learning

Learning

Learning

Learning

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

I like the ideal of immortality due to the ability to meditate, contemplate and learn forever ... Iz that not what the universe doez ...

Also from reading ancient text once a person iz used to long periodz of time passing, it becomez normal and not really thought of much due to so many activities that can be completed...

Just think about it every one could work on the grandest machinez they want to build... or they could write some of the most grand bookz they never thought they would have time to write...

Possibly the universe would open more of itz greatest secretz to the person due to the fact they would be traveling with the universe in a deeper relationship...

You would never think of leaving something behind for next generationz because you would alwayz be there...

One of the greatest giftz of thiz would be that a person would be able to fully learn music theory "considering it iz never ending"...

Quantum Physicz would be more quantifiable due to the personz DNA changing ... Your body would change in feeling to a never ending feeling of the fountain of youth with lezz painz and aches...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users