• You cannot reply to this topic

Guns

#1 User is online   RainyDay Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:love, writing, traveling

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

It seems there are a lot of empaths here and I'm curious what they think about guns. I've greatly disliked guns since I was a little kid. I don't even think toy guns are anything to mess with. I'm still very much against them. Nothing good can ever come out of owning a gun or someone with a gun in their hand. I wish we were in a world where guns didn't even exist. What's your opinion? I actually had a psychic once tell me that I was shot in the forehead in a past life as a prisoner of war. I have a round birth mark in the center of my head.. it's has gotten lighter over the years. I wonder if this has anything to do with my disfavor of guns.

#2 User is offline   ElyriaCrowley Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Reading, writing, drawing, and being outdoors.

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:33 AM

My entire family owns guns. They hunt, they trap shoot. It's disgusting. I've never hunted or went trap shooting with them or any of those things. Actually, up until last month, I'd never held nor shot a gun in 25 years. Personally, I don't necessarily like them. But if an intruder ever came into my home, I know I'd be grateful that my boyfriend has one. Unfortunately, there are dangerous people in the world. And getting rid of guns doesn't take away that danger.

#3 User is offline   Moopurple Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:31 AM

I like guns.
I think they are useful. My family owns many guns, I enjoy going shooting (target practice, not hunting). Though I think hunting is way more humane than farmed meat and shooting an animal is the quickest way to kill it. But I don't really have the will or desire to hunt.
I suppose there was a problem with over-hunting and hunting for sport and not for food baffles me. (Trophy hunting disgusts me).

Guns themselves are not the problem. Like Elyria said, getting rid of guns doesn't take away the danger of people causing harm or killing. We are a very innovative species and will always find a way to kill. Our hands and minds are our greatest weapons in many cases. Guns are a tool, there is nothing evil or cruel about them. The problem is human intention. Or sometimes carelessness.

#4 User is offline   taichi Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:40 AM

I don't know about guns, they are too complicated and too dangerous.

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer something less lethal, maybe a staff, baseball bat, bow/arrow without the tip etc

Though they are less powerful than a gun and probably puts you into some unnecessary danger, but it also relieves the guilt of you know, killing someone, or permanently injuring someone

#5 User is offline   philosophersgate Icon

• PG
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:45 AM

View Posttaichi, on 20 May 2014 - 05:40 AM, said:

I don't know about guns, they are too complicated and too dangerous.

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer something less lethal, maybe a staff, baseball bat, bow/arrow without the tip etc

Though they are less powerful than a gun and probably puts you into some unnecessary danger, but it also relieves the guilt of you know, killing someone, or permanently injuring someone

You should rely on the mystical powers of your Tai Chi! :lol:
...evil cannot be conquered in the world. It can only be resisted within oneself. Master Po

#6 User is offline   merlin Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography
    Camping
    Sailing

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:21 AM

I have been a target shooter for a long time, and there have been a few times that I have needed a gun for self defense. It is not the gun the bothers me, it is violent, aggressive, angry people. They don't go away by getting rid of guns, I simply become more vulnerable to them.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users