Universal Psychic Guild Forum: changes to topics, old and new - Universal Psychic Guild Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

changes to topics, old and new

#1 User is offline   brioche Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:02 AM

I was thinking about some things and then I saw Victoria's message on the sidebar and thought it was a perfect time to say something.

So here are my ideas:

Deleting some forums: I've noticed that there are some forums that get very little activity. Perhaps it is best to remove them. The space might be better used for new forums.

- All the forums under Practical Magic. The most number of topics to date is 5(!) for two of the three forums while the other one has 2. While there might have been more activity in those forums that ended up in the vault, those forums do not draw much attention.

- Others that are not drawing much activity: Angel Healing and Spiritual Guides.

New Forums to Add / Changes to Existing Forums: I think adding more forums would help. It would give us more to talk about.

- Member News. I've noticed sometimes members post things in a certain forum but it's not the best place to put it. It's just the one that is closest to what they need. In this forum, someone can make an announcement that does not fit in any of the other forums (i.e. pregnancy, birth of new baby, new job, etc.). I know we have the Living Room forum but I see that more of a place to have a conversation. Posts in Member News will be announcements for sharing something from our life.

- Psychic & Spiritual Development

- Energy Healing. I know there is a Reiki forum but there are other forms of energy healing, too. The Reiki forum can just become a part of this one.

- Divination. We currently only have a Tarot forum. Although there are posts about oracle cards, I think the title of the forum should reflect other forms of divination, too.

Would love to hear others opinions on this.

#2 User is offline   Moopurple Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:34 AM

I would be interested to see what others think as well before sending the admins any suggestions. Right now it seems that there is a complete lack of activity even from many of the members who usually frequent, and I just wonder if it's due to the season.

Anyway, I agree that we seem to have too many sub forums with no activity. It makes browsing a little bit confusing and it is probably overwhelming to new members.

#3 User is offline   brioche Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:54 AM

I don't think the lack of activity has anything to do with the season. It's just life. Some members have families to take care of, some lose interest, some have forgotten about the forum. Regular participation isn't mandatory. People participate when they see something that interests them. I just think there are some sub-forums that many people don't have an interest in.

It's also not about having too many forums. I've seen other forums with a lot more sub-forums and they are doing well. More forums would be better. It's just creating ones that will resonate with many. Another thing we don't really consider: there are other similar forums out there. Whether its attracting new members or trying to hold on to existing ones, we're not the only ones on the web offering a forum on these topics.

#4 User is offline   ElyriaCrowley Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Reading, writing, drawing, and being outdoors.

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:15 AM

I think it's a good idea to eliminate the old forums that get little to no activity. :angel: All it really does is clutter up the space. I agree the categories just need a general remodel. Get rid of the threads that aren't used and add new ones that seem to be a common topic.

#5 User is offline   brioche Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:52 AM

Here is another idea I want to include for consideration:

Protected forums and open forums: As it stands right now, half of the forums on here are protected. I can understand why some of the forums are protected from non-members (i.e. Member Blogs). Others I don't understand why they need to be protected and these include forums under All Things Divine and Looking After Yourself. The threads in there are common enough and nothing seems to be extraordinary that it needs to be protected. I think it will help to attract new members if we have more forums that are open to the public for viewing.

On the other hand, there are a few sub-forums that are currently open to everyone for viewing that I think should be protected. Those are Reading Requests and Reading Offers. A lot of those readings are personal and I feel should only be for members. Prospective members can still get a glimpse of what our psychics are capable of by looking through Psychic Games.

Thoughts?

#6 User is offline   Angel Soul Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Reiki healing and spiritual coaching
    Angels
  • More:Creative Thinker

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:54 AM

Those are Reading Requests and Reading Offers

That is a good idea, that would encourage people to become a member. Perhaps a forum called "members readings".?
Living life is spirituality in practice. Live life to the full.

#7 User is offline   brioche Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:28 AM

View PostChamuel, on 24 September 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

That is a good idea, that would encourage people to become a member. Perhaps a forum called "members readings".?

Oh, no. I didn't mean for those two sub-forums to be renamed. I just meant it should be a protected forum (locked to non-members).

#8 User is offline   Angel Soul Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Reiki healing and spiritual coaching
    Angels
  • More:Creative Thinker

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:44 AM

Everything to be honest. I think this is a wake up call for my soul x
Living life is spirituality in practice. Live life to the full.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users