• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dead Bat

#1 User is offline   philosophersgate Icon

• PG
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:20 AM

I had a dead bat on my porch. Do you think its a sign and what does it mean?
...evil cannot be conquered in the world. It can only be resisted within oneself. Master Po

#2 User is offline   brioche Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:22 PM

Do you usually see bats in your area?

#3 User is offline   philosophersgate Icon

• PG
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:35 PM

Well...I live in the woods so we have all kinds of critters! :lol:

But, sometimes, I note animals and sense a message. I see lots of animals daily, so this sense does not arrive with all of them.

I remember a couple of years ago i had a live bat roosting over the front door and today I find a dead bat at the back door. I wonder if they signaled a beginning and end of something. Just felt to be a sign of something.

Bats are perceived in some circles to represent death, rebirth, psychics and, in some cultures, luck. Bat totems are suppose to be able to work between worlds.

So, I wonder if it was a sign of something.

Of course, the cats killed it.

Cats are such murderers. I'm surprised that the ones around here have survived the coyotes, though.

For the folks in Australia, I saw an excerpt from an Australian hunting magazine where cats are hunted. Is that true?

We have hunting culture in the U.S. but cats are not on the menu!
...evil cannot be conquered in the world. It can only be resisted within oneself. Master Po

#4 User is offline   brioche Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:07 PM

I am aware that you live in the woods...

If the bat had died on its own, I might consider it a sign, but if it was killed by your cat I would not think it as a sign so much.

#5 User is offline   Posibilities Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:21 AM

I agree with Brioche - if it died on it's own and landed there - it's a sign. If your kitty's did the killing then no..

Yes, feral cats do get hunted here. They are HUGE killers of the wildlife (gecko's and other small things). Not here where we live but in other states.
My own kitty kills things and it irritates me SO much! We are forever rescuing a caught bird that she dragged inside.. She LOVES gecko's. When she catches one she will make a weird noise and I will run and get it and take it outside and lock her kitty door. We keep her inside at night as she get's up to mischief the most then.. :rolleyes:

#6 User is offline   philosophersgate Icon

• PG
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:53 PM

View PostAngel Soul, on 06 August 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

I too believe in animal totems, or that the universe can be giving us a sign through nature. I also know what you mean about when to take notice and when not too.

I agree the bat you saw last time was the beginning of a cycle and this is the end. Bats to me may mean something different than they do to you.

What did the first bat you saw make you feel it represented? It may even be the same bat, it's life cycle having ended in synchronicity with whatever cycle has ended for you.

I always think for myself what an animal represents to me then I always look at the same site if I'm still not sure, or want to confirm my understanding.<div><br></div><div>&nbsp;I feel &nbsp;for you it may have been an introspective cycle....and even some glimpses of the darkness of the soul. An end to the hermit in the tarot even, and time now for adventure and action. Perhaps even an end to a cycle of hearing about death.

Bats navigate through the darkness, they are also altruistic.

I love animal totems.Posted Image

</div>

Really like your interpretation. :)

#7 User is offline   Posibilities Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:13 PM

I too believe in animal totems, or that the universe can be giving us a sign through nature. I also know what you mean about when to take notice and when not too.

I agree the bat you saw last time was the beginning of a cycle and this is the end. Bats to me may mean something different than they do to you.

What did the first bat you saw make you feel it represented? It may even be the same bat, it's life cycle having ended in synchronicity with whatever cycle has ended for you.

I always think for myself what an animal represents to me then I always look at the same site if I'm still not sure, or want to confirm my understanding.<div><br></div><div>&nbsp;I feel &nbsp;for you it may have been an introspective cycle....and even some glimpses of the darkness of the soul. An end to the hermit in the tarot even, and time now for adventure and action. Perhaps even an end to a cycle of hearing about death.

I love animal totems.Posted Image

</div>

I love the way you described this Angel!

#8 User is offline   Victoria Icon

• The Queen of Hearts
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:08 AM

I love animal totems.

How did I miss this?

I agree with the others, Angel: a beautiful and deep interpretation.

i think you know I am a lover of animal totems, too and I feel an affinity with bats. Sometimes when I am watching them fly over at dusk I see the leaders have an 'electric' light around them.

Tell me more about their altruism.

Posted Image
You must trust yourself even when the world doubts you.

Sri Chinmoy

"I believe in your reality as much as I believe in my own." Chamuel

Slow down!
Rushing won't get you there any quicker.

I think, therefore... I create my own reality.

Blessed are those who look after the animals, for theirs is the kingdom of love...
"Not to hurt our humble brethren (the animals) is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission -- to be of service to them whenever they require it. If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."

Saint Francis of Assisi

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO FEED THE ANIMALS -- ALL IT COSTS IS A CLICK.

#9 User is offline   Victoria Icon

• The Queen of Hearts
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:17 AM

View PostAngel Soul, on 04 October 2016 - 05:51 AM, said:

Actually it's in particular female vampire bats who are altruistic.

They look after each other and each others young, huddling together for body warmth and protection and regurgitate blood for others who were unable to feed.

Just like people do sometimes. (Except for the blood that is!)

You must trust yourself even when the world doubts you.

Sri Chinmoy

"I believe in your reality as much as I believe in my own." Chamuel

Slow down!
Rushing won't get you there any quicker.

I think, therefore... I create my own reality.

Blessed are those who look after the animals, for theirs is the kingdom of love...
"Not to hurt our humble brethren (the animals) is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission -- to be of service to them whenever they require it. If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."

Saint Francis of Assisi

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO FEED THE ANIMALS -- ALL IT COSTS IS A CLICK.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users