Universal Psychic Guild Forum: Object Possession - Universal Psychic Guild Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Object Possession Possible?

#1 User is offline   MooTwo Icon

• Guild Guru
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • More:Moderator

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:17 AM

I'm just curious what those who have had experiences with otherworldly beings think about this.

Is it possible for an object to be possessed by a spirit, demon, etc.?

My friends and I were talking about Annabelle (the Raggety Ann doll that supposedly did harm to some woman and kept moving around the house) and they seem to all believe that it's possible for dolls and other inanimate objects to be possessed.

I absolutely don't. I think possession requires consciousness and invitation into a living being.

I think people leave energy marks, so to speak, on objects of importance that last through various ownerships. Thus antiques always have a certain vibe to them and I tend to be drawn to it. The more worn down (unless it looks like it's covered with bodily fluids, then ew), the more appealing to me.

What do you all think?

#2 User is offline   Village Witch Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:51 AM

I am very good at psychometry. What gets interesting is when an object has been owned by more than one person. I once read a pair of glasses that kept giving me mixed signals. I knew the glasses were worn by a man but there was very strong female energy. Turns out the glasses belonged to a man but were kept and treasured by his wife after he passed away. I could see the glasses sitting on a book on a small table next to a window and a sofa chair. The person that brought the glasses to me verified my read.

As to possession, I had an interesting experience where it felt like a female spirit was standing next to my body shoulder to shoulder and started to merge with my body. Her emotions overwhelmed me so strongly that I panicked and she left. I hesitate to call what I experienced as possession. Another time, a young boy merged with my body. I didn't know he merged with me until he did so. I didn't feel threatened in any way, so I let him stay. He had things to say to his cousin who was present. His emotions were strong but did not frighten me. He was able to find peace in his interaction with his cousin. It was a very heartwarming session.

I do not know how I feel about possession, but I once read a book called The Possession of Joel Delaney that was very interesting. Supposedly based on a true story, Joel was possessed by a spirit after taking drugs. The spirit said Joel's mind was empty and so he (the spirit) was able to inhabit Joel's body. My thoughts are that if we are fully aware and not insane, mentally ill, or under the influence, that we cannot be possessed. However, I have to wonder if a child would be an easy target for possession. Then I have to ask what a spirit looking for a body to possess is looking for exactly. A body to live in or is there a specific intent with each possession. Do spirits that possess look to kill their hosts? Why?

I don't have a clue about objects being possessed. What purpose would that serve? My thoughts are that a spirit needs fed and would an object feed a spirit?

This is actually a subject I would rather stay as far away from as possible.
When you try to fit in, you disappear.

#3 User is offline   MooTwo Icon

• Guild Guru
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:39 AM

Interesting.

My understanding of possession is that demons or likewise prey on the weak or those that invite them to influence. I don't believe in possession of the body, but rather of the mind. Leading them into certain thought paths, though not necessarily ever gaining control. I don't think one is ever incapable of free will. Insanity without high function is another story.

Why would a spirit need to be fed? What purpose does that serve? They are beyond worldly needs.

I've never experienced anything negative in regards to any of this stuff, so it's never been much to be concerned about. I don't think discussion invites anything.

#4 User is offline   Victoria Icon

• The Queen of Hearts
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:49 PM

View PostMooTwo, on 06 September 2016 - 06:17 AM, said:

What do you all think?

I think objects can pick up energies and retain them, but I don't have any objects that have exhibited signs of possession.
You must trust yourself even when the world doubts you.

Sri Chinmoy

"I believe in your reality as much as I believe in my own." Chamuel

Slow down!
Rushing won't get you there any quicker.

I think, therefore... I create my own reality.

Blessed are those who look after the animals, for theirs is the kingdom of love...
"Not to hurt our humble brethren (the animals) is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission -- to be of service to them whenever they require it. If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."

Saint Francis of Assisi

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO FEED THE ANIMALS -- ALL IT COSTS IS A CLICK.

#5 User is online   Posibilities Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:38 PM

In church you would learn a lot about demon possession and how demons would be exorcised out of people etc..
Not sure what I think of it all, to be honest, I try not to think on that subject at all :lol:

#6 User is offline   Village Witch Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:20 PM

View PostMooTwo, on 06 September 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

Why would a spirit need to be fed? What purpose does that serve? They are beyond worldly needs.

I don't know. I guess I was simply spitting out what I have been told by others. Bad me. My question is always, How do you know?

I just googled "Do spirits need to be fed?" and found a few websites addressing that issue. I didn't read them.

View PostPosibilities, on 06 September 2016 - 02:38 PM, said:

In church you would learn a lot about demon possession and how demons would be exorcised out of people etc..
Not sure what I think of it all, to be honest, I try not to think on that subject at all :lol:

I read somewhere that some folks once believed... and some probably still do... that illness was considered to be bad spirits or even demon possession in cases such as epilepsy. My dad asks, "How do we know it's not?" Would that not make doctors and modern medicine exorcists?
When you try to fit in, you disappear.

#7 User is offline   merlin Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography
    Camping
    Sailing

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:14 AM

There is a show called Haunted Collector. I am not big on believing what is presented on TV, too often things are obscured, edited or exaggerated to make a more exciting show, but this one seems to do a reasonable amount of documentation. Still it is a TV show so anything could be created. My personal experience is with attachments to people or places, but a place is pretty much a large object, so I suppose it is possible. Psychometry is not really my thing and I have not put much attention in to it.

#8 User is offline   MooTwo Icon

• Guild Guru
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:55 AM

View PostVillage Witch, on 06 September 2016 - 11:20 PM, said:

I read somewhere that some folks once believed... and some probably still do... that illness was considered to be bad spirits or even demon possession in cases such as epilepsy. My dad asks, "How do we know it's not?" Would that not make doctors and modern medicine exorcists?

Yes. In medieval medicine it was humors and had to be drained through the blood. In central America they found many skulls with surgically removed sections, assumption being it was either to relieve hemorrhaging or to treat insanity (the skulls were ancient, but showed signs of bone regrowth, thus people were surviving through the operations). Up until the early 20th century insanity was treated with similar methods. Interestingly, Hippocrates likely had the most convoluted form of ancient medicine, but was closer to the mark than many doctors were for centuries. Understanding the principle of yeast and bacteria balance within the body (albeit, not in a sophisticated fashion so most patients probably died from sepsis and bacterial infection). There was no suggestion of influence from spirits or demons or whathaveyou. It was all about foreign particles and natural imbalances, etc.

Maybe psychiatric care could be considered exorcism in a way. But physical medicine is pretty clear cut. I mean, one could theorize that some illnesses are due to influence of a possession on a body, but I don't believe that at all. All of the people I know who have been in medicine for many years have completely lost all belief in anything, which is interesting.

----------------

I believe I've seen a little bit of Haunted Collector or a very similar show, but can't remember them coming to any conclusions.

I suppose I'd just be interested in figuring out what is really happening in cases where people think they're dealing with haunted objects.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users