Universal Psychic Guild Forum: 'chills'- spiritual significance - Universal Psychic Guild Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

'chills'- spiritual significance Higher self/truth

#1 User is offline   MissB23 Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

Hi all :)

I just wanted to start a topic on chills/goosebumps and what you thought of them. I've had many experiences with them, not in getting them but seeming to be the cause of it and I just wanted to try and understand. I don't exactly mean I give ppl the heebie geebies but rather when something significant was about to happen or perhaps meant to happen, people in my vicinity would tell me they got 'chills'.

An example was when I was homeless and looking for a place to stay, me and my mom spoke to the rental manager at an apt complex and as I spoke my story, she got chills and gave us the apartment. Or, when my car broke down and I told my friend the story, she said she got chills as well. There was even a time I got into an accident and spoke to a stranger for help and got chills - I late won my case.

I've noticed it happen in terms of romance too and altho, hormones maybe involved, I feel it's a 'sign'. The last man I was with I felt was my soulmate and the first time we kissed, he seemed shocked that I gave him chills. Recently, a guy I'm currently seeing gets them too but more often so I'm wondering what these chills are?

Why am I causing them and how come I don't get them? Anyone with similar experiences?

#2 Guest_angelina12_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

Sure, I get chills all the time, especially now it's winter in the southern hemisphere.

I usually put a heater on, but unfortunately my power bill went up by $50 by using an electric fan heater, so I've switched to a radiant heater.
If that doesn't save power, I'll use an oil column heater to see if it offers more economy.

I don't like my shower currently either, as the landlord has turned the water heater down a bit too much and the water is not as hot as I'd like it.
But really, I can't complain, the winters are relatively temperate and we never get snow here.

#3 User is offline   Soul Searcher Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

You know, I also get chills all of the time. For me, the first thing that comes to mind and out of my mouth is "The Soul Knows When It Hears The Truth". And that's why my body gets chills ~ kind of like the Soul giving my a physical cue of the truth of a situation.

Take Care,

Soul Searcher

#4 User is offline   A Lady Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:41 AM

I have experienced this phenomenon as well as most of the people I know. Those who 'speak the language' as it were, call it "the chill of truth;" others will comment during conversation, what you just said gave me goosebumps (or chicken skin)!

If you find yourself a frequent recipient of these types of comments, then I would surmise you are highly intuitive and tend to hone in on the truth of a matter.
Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

#5 User is offline   Chiili Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Energy. I think that really sums it up for me, I think it's the basis for everything so for that reason I'm interested in Everything :)

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

Here here!

That's awesome MissB. Personally I have felt it when I hear people sing. Or just see a performance that somewhere deep inside touches me and I can't quite articulate what specifically did it. I have at times gotten the shakes as I call it. When I say something that for whatever reason is important to me but didn't think was that important and I get a terrible shiver. My voice trembles as well. Sometimes it happens here... I don't know what that's about. Maybe it's like others have said, it's that energy in it's raw natural state that passing from one person to another. We feel and hear the light that resonates within. But it makes me wonder too. Worth keeping track of :)
Magic by Shel Silverstein

Sandra's seen a leprechaun,
Eddie touched a troll,
Laurie danced with witches once,
Charlie found some goblins' gold.
Donald heard a mermaid sing,
Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known
I've had to make myself.

#6 Guest_Angel C_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:32 AM

I get these when something really touches my emotions, like poetry, live music, and when I feel I hear the truth! Perhaps when something is poignant, touching and moving to the soul! When something inspires us!

I sometimes feel that they are signs that something is right at a very deep and important level. Either experiences, meeting people who turn out to be important or when I read something inspirational.

I have felt them during readings and healings and of course when I feel a spirit is present!

Do you somehow evoke an emotional/spiritual response in people?

#7 User is offline   MissB23 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'd like to think I do ( evoke an emotional/spiritual response).

But yeah people seem to feel my need I guess and yes, I'm very truthful. I guess they can prolly feel my love too (:

#8 User is offline   nigel Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:weather, sport and comedy

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:25 AM

sometimes its the angel's way of removing toxic energy from your system
the sun keeps me warm during the day,thinking of you makes me feel warm all night,you pick me up when I am down,you turn my frown upside down, I cant wait to meet you and fall in love with you sometime soon

#9 User is offline   Chiili Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Energy. I think that really sums it up for me, I think it's the basis for everything so for that reason I'm interested in Everything :)

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

I like that, Nigel :)
Magic by Shel Silverstein

Sandra's seen a leprechaun,
Eddie touched a troll,
Laurie danced with witches once,
Charlie found some goblins' gold.
Donald heard a mermaid sing,
Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known
I've had to make myself.

#10 User is offline   Simon Icon

• Pip

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:33 AM

I've had that lots. May just be a cold draft. Who knows ;)

Lots of times it seems like a draft. You sometimes get a tingly sensation and a feeling like someone nearby? Had it once and imagined a small frightened girl communicating with me but like I say it is most likely imagination. But I'm no expert. Perhaps I will yet learn otherwise. Imagined a sort of solid cold wall or something on the one occasion I tried to see if I could "feel" my wife. She wasn't expecting it and I can't deny SOMETHING happened. She jumped in alarm and moved away saying she felt like something really hot was moving against her. I wasn't touching her either. It may be a physiological thing. Maybe my brain decided the room was cold and kicked in the overheating which my wife felt a couple of feet away. Maybe there really is something to this spirit thing. I don't yet know.

#11 User is offline   Village Witch Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

I have a friend who gets "confirmation chills" which tell her someone is speaking the truth. I get chills when there is a spirit that wants to contact me or someone with me. I then tune in to see who it is. I get a lot of chills when we do spirit circles at my New Age group.
Posted Image I am not beautiful like you. I am beautiful like me.

#12 User is offline   whiteringmoon Icon

• PipPip

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:14 AM

I've gotten chills for many different reasons. There are the ones connected to the weather. There are the ones connected to music that hits just the right place in me emotionally.
There are the ones connected to an event that is coming. That kind of chill takes on a pattern so I know that it's not just something random happening.
I finally figured out that I was being trained to recognize the process as an early warning process. The chills that are related to that start in the trunk of my body and will happen at the same time every day. They will last the same length of time, and then it will fade.

My training in this lasted about a year. Now if I experience chills in the trunk I stop and write down the time and how long it lasts. As the time of the event attached to the chills gets closer I will be shown people who it will affect. The close it gets the more details I get.
This process has been as long as three months before an event to as short as a few days. The other thing I noticed about them is that I don't feel any emotions one way or another about the whole process.

When you experience something you don't understand and it keeps repeating it might be helpful for you to take notes so you can look for a repeating pattern. This is how you will learn and understand so that you can go with the flow of your path.

#13 User is offline   Lila Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:reiki, angels, psychic everything.

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:33 AM

I get a chill on my right thigh. While meditating, I asked a question and my leg tingled then broke out in goosebumps. I asked my 'self' if my right leg reaction indicated that my answer was right [correct]. After it happened a few more times I asked if it would please do that to answer my questions if the answer was "right" "correct" or "true". I am learning to trust my physical body response to outside stimulus. I live in the desert, so chills don't happen often. B)

#14 User is offline   ryanrowe82 Icon

• Pip

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostLila, on 31 August 2012 - 10:33 AM, said:

I get a chill on my right thigh. While meditating, I asked a question and my leg tingled then broke out in goosebumps. I asked my 'self' if my right leg reaction indicated that my answer was right [correct]. After it happened a few more times I asked if it would please do that to answer my questions if the answer was "right" "correct" or "true". I am learning to trust my physical body response to outside stimulus. I live in the desert, so chills don't happen often. B)

You wouldn't happen to live in Arizona would you?

#15 User is offline   Lila Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:reiki, angels, psychic everything.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:52 AM

View Postryanrowe82, on 08 September 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

You wouldn't happen to live in Arizona would you?

I lived in Chandler AZ for a couple of years. hehehe small world. (I would take a haboob over a snowplow anyday!) :dance:

#16 User is offline   PeachyKeen Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

I've often found, as a few have said, that music or things that really touch me in some unidentifiable way give me chills and/or goosebumps. That has happened all my life. As I've gotten older, the reaction has gotten stronger to the point I can hear a song (not necessarily sad songs or anything) or just out of the blue catch a vibe of some sort that will bring me to tears. Its really quite embarassing if I'm around others or out in public. I don't so much get that kind of feeling in conversations with others though.

I had one really memorable and unique encounter many years ago chills. It happened the first year that I lived on my own. At the time, my roommate had moved. I came home from work one evening and there was nothing else going on or anything I was stressed about. As soon as I opened the apartment door I got goosebumps and every hair on my body seemed to stand on end. The apartment's floorplan was long and narrow. The lights were all out except for light coming in through a window and the far end of the apt. I knew beyond the shadow of a doubt someone was there. I grabbed a knife from the kitchen (first room you entered in this apt), turned on every light and searched every room, every closet, etc. The house was secure but I couldn't shake the chills and the sense that something just wasn't right. I literally didn't feel safe there so I left. Several hours later, I returned and the apartment felt normal again. I never experienced that again in that space. To this day, I don't know exactly what I experienced that night but whatever it was made a lasting impression.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users