Universal Psychic Guild Forum: Overheating while I sleep - Universal Psychic Guild Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Overheating while I sleep Feeling groggy and tired

#1 Guest_SorrowfulMind_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:27 AM

Hello everyone.

I've recently noticed that I think I have a problem when I sleep. I get very, very hot. In the winter time, I leave my windows open and a fan right in my face, yet I still wake up hot. It's still been fairly hot outside, but since it's fall, my parents refuse to turn on the air conditioning. So all of the windows are open, which makes my room even hotter, which makes ME even hotter.

It's not just that I'm hot. The heat does something to my head and my body itself that makes it almost impossible to function. When I fall asleep, I'm fine. Then at some point throughout the night, I get very hot. I start to sweat and roll around a lot. But the unfortunate thing about it is that I am so hot that my mind is clouded. I can't wake up. I can open my eyes long enough to look at the clock or read a text message. But then I fall right back asleep, whether I want to or not. My body just refuses to wake up. Then when I finally do decide that I have to get up, I can't just lay there and gently come out of it. I have to force myself to get out of bed and walk into the living room. Which, I should say, is no easy task because it's like my muscle refuse to work. I'm stumbling all up and down the hallway like I'm drunk. I finally sit down and it's hard to hold my head up. It take about a half hour to get out of this funk.

Now, this happens pretty frequently. And like I said, it happens it winter too. I don't really know what the problem is or why this happens to me. But I can't do it anymore. I've been missing classes and sleeping all day because I can't wake up on time. I don't know what else to do to keep cool. Someone on another forum said to freeze water bottles and sleep with them. But I'm afraid that might be too cold. lol

Does anyone have any other ideas as to what this is or how I can prevent it?

Thank you so much.
Love and light,
Beth

Edit: Forgot to add.. This happened yesterday and while I was asleep, I was having a dream about a house. The heat was taking such a toll on me that I was falling asleep in my DREAM. Like I wanted to be awake and tour the house, but if I sat down, I fell asleep. I forced myself to wake up, and just as in my waking moments, in my dream, I was stumbling around the hallways like I was drunk, trying to wake up... Weird.

#2 User is offline   soriminah Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:45 PM

I'd go to a Dr and get medical problems ruled out. It could be sleep hyperhidrosis which is caused be various medical conditions.

Your body temperature does rise when asleep but if it rises too much, then it interrups your sleep patterns and circadian rhythm. When your circadian rhythm is disrupted it makes you feel jet lagged.

If you have started taking a new type of medication this could also have an effect. Or if you consume a lot of caffeine it causes your core body temperature to rise as it is a thermogenic. Also, some foods have this effect also.

Just some things to think about.

#3 User is offline   Thebigtheory Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:55 PM

what soriminah said wink.gif

#4 User is offline   ammo Icon

• PipPip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:15 AM

Could it possibly be a thyroid problem ? Check out underactive and overactive symptoms as I forget which one makes you hot and tired.But a trip to your doctor is best
Hope that helps.

#5 Guest_SorrowfulMind_*

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:02 AM

Hello everyone!!

I just wanted to thank you all for your advice. It helped me very much. I looked into what each of you said and I was really pulled into the direction of an overactive thyroid.

There was a disorder that I looked into a month or so ago. I wanted to go see a psychiatrist about it, but I lacked the motivation to dig through the phonebook by myself to find one. Well, overactive thyroid and the disorder that I was looking at have the exact same symptoms. Except overactive thyroid has MORE symptoms that I have been displaying. SO! lol Looks like I'm going to the doctor for a blood test. I just have to figure out the best way to talk to my mom about it so that she doesn't think I'm making it up. sad.gif

Thanks again!
Love and light,
Beth

#6 User is offline   autumntears7 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Engery work - mostly healing, chakras, and auras<br />Scrying <br />

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:47 PM

um one of the symptoms of a overproductive thyroid is overheating ALL the time. Your metabolisms speeds up and hence makes you more hungry. Sometimes you might get an obvious sign of a bulging throat or big bulging eyes (that more an autoimmune thyroid problem), hyperactivity, emotional

While underproductive makes you cold - that alone rules that out

It will be really obvious that something is wrong with you if you have thyroid probs

In general, overheating only at night sorta over rules thyroid

It would be more a hormonal problem.

#7 User is offline   MoonWillow Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Psychic and spiritual readings. Guides, Angels, Spirit and Animals. Energy work.

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (SorrowfulMind @ Oct 14 2008, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello everyone.

I've recently noticed that I think I have a problem when I sleep. I get very, very hot. In the winter time, I leave my windows open and a fan right in my face, yet I still wake up hot. It's still been fairly hot outside, but since it's fall, my parents refuse to turn on the air conditioning. So all of the windows are open, which makes my room even hotter, which makes ME even hotter.

It's not just that I'm hot. The heat does something to my head and my body itself that makes it almost impossible to function. When I fall asleep, I'm fine. Then at some point throughout the night, I get very hot. I start to sweat and roll around a lot. But the unfortunate thing about it is that I am so hot that my mind is clouded. I can't wake up. I can open my eyes long enough to look at the clock or read a text message. But then I fall right back asleep, whether I want to or not. My body just refuses to wake up. Then when I finally do decide that I have to get up, I can't just lay there and gently come out of it. I have to force myself to get out of bed and walk into the living room. Which, I should say, is no easy task because it's like my muscle refuse to work. I'm stumbling all up and down the hallway like I'm drunk. I finally sit down and it's hard to hold my head up. It take about a half hour to get out of this funk.

Now, this happens pretty frequently. And like I said, it happens it winter too. I don't really know what the problem is or why this happens to me. But I can't do it anymore. I've been missing classes and sleeping all day because I can't wake up on time. I don't know what else to do to keep cool. Someone on another forum said to freeze water bottles and sleep with them. But I'm afraid that might be too cold. lol

Does anyone have any other ideas as to what this is or how I can prevent it?
Thank you so much.
Love and light,
Beth
Edit: Forgot to add.. This happened yesterday and while I was asleep, I was having a dream about a house. The heat was taking such a toll on me that I was falling asleep in my DREAM. Like I wanted to be awake and tour the house, but if I sat down, I fell asleep. I forced myself to wake up, and just as in my waking moments, in my dream, I was stumbling around the hallways like I was drunk, trying to wake up... Weird.

Hello Sorrowful Mind,

I want to mention, I've often had nights that I've overheated in my sleep as well. I agree that if you are worried, you should definately go see a doctor, however, I also think that some people might naturally get warmer while sleeping. I can't sleep at all if my room is too hot. I like the bedroom to stay nice and cool, as I am a natural furnace in my sleep. lol

If you want to look at the paranormal side of all this, I have heard that a sign of spirit being near doesn't always bring about a drop in temperature, it can also cause a raise in temperature. smile.gif It's interesting to think about that. Of course, I really don't know for sure myself. But I have often wondered......

"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear." - Winnie the Pooh

#8 User is offline   Kai Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (Alta @ Nov 14 2008, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you want to look at the paranormal side of all this, I have heard that a sign of spirit being near doesn't always bring about a drop in temperature, it can also cause a raise in temperature. smile.gif It's interesting to think about that. Of course, I really don't know for sure myself. But I have often wondered......

Hmm, I would bet that a purely positive and loving spirit would enhance the temperature of the room. smile.gif

#9 Guest_jodee_*

Posted 15 November 2008 - 07:20 PM

I was watching Ghost Hunters last night and they said a drop in temperature is a sign that a spirit is trying to manifest, because they are drawing in the energy in the room, and I thought about times when I've felt a rise in temperature, (I think Victoria posted the other day about a visitation and said it was warm too, so I thought its not just me). I wondered briefly if some spirits actually add energy!

However Beth, I still think you should get checked out, because there's been more than one thing you've been concerned about, so a thorough health check - at least bloods taken may put your mind at rest.

#10 Guest_jodee_*

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:01 PM

Just wondering, as I have before, whether our own personal spirit guides and Angels, being partly already within our own energy, add warmth to us, when they are active.

#11 User is offline   MoonWillow Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Psychic and spiritual readings. Guides, Angels, Spirit and Animals. Energy work.

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:43 AM

I don't know that is a good question. I can say I have often had the same thoughts. There have been many times that I've felt sudden warmth around me, or even my own body temperature. It seems to happen the most often at night, while I'm alone or when all is quiet.... during those times I've often felt like I was not alone.... and wondered if there was activity around me. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's had these thoughts and questions.
"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear." - Winnie the Pooh

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users