• You cannot reply to this topic

Nervous Energy

#1 User is offline   Lickdafoot Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • More:yup

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:44 AM

What's the best way to get rid of nervous energy? I find myself getting nervous/anxious a lot. Usually when I'm out with certain people or just in an unusual place. It used to be much stronger but i've worked through it a lot and got past the majority of it. But theres still times where i'll be out and feel like I can't eat a thing, or lightheaded. I know its unhealthy when I can't (barely) eat for a whole day because I'm out with someone and I have too much nervous energy. I'm not sure where the nerves come from. I have fun and feel relaxed otherwise.

Anyone have some insight or tips? Thanks =P

#2 Guest_jodee_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (Lickdafoot @ Jul 1 2008, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's the best way to get rid of nervous energy? I find myself getting nervous/anxious a lot. Usually when I'm out with certain people or just in an unusual place. It used to be much stronger but i've worked through it a lot and got past the majority of it. But theres still times where i'll be out and feel like I can't eat a thing, or lightheaded. I know its unhealthy when I can't (barely) eat for a whole day because I'm out with someone and I have too much nervous energy. I'm not sure where the nerves come from. I have fun and feel relaxed otherwise.

Anyone have some insight or tips? Thanks =P

Grounding exercises and grounding crystals I find work best. Shielding your energy in crowds helps too.

#3 User is offline   Lickdafoot Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:20 AM

i've never known how to shield my energy; is it just a white light thing?

should i do these grounding exercises like in the morning or every morning or when i start to get nervous?

Thanks smile.gif

#4 Guest_jodee_*

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (Lickdafoot @ Jul 1 2008, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

should i do these grounding exercises like in the morning or every morning or when i start to get nervous?

Thanks smile.gif

Whenever you start to get nervous, although if you do them and then carry a crystal with you, you shouldnt have to do too much, as it will reinforce the exercise.. The more you do them, it becomes almost like a reflex.

#5 User is offline   Lickdafoot Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (jodee @ Jul 1 2008, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whenever you start to get nervous, although if you do them and then carry a crystal with you, you shouldnt have to do too much, as it will reinforce the exercise.. The more you do them, it becomes almost like a reflex.

Thanks Jodee!! tongue.gif

Kinda reminds me of mantra meditation-- do it enough, you say the mantra in your mind and get that feeling of deep calm back. maybe that would be a technique to try too.

"serenity nooow" cool.gif rolleyes.gif

#6 Guest_MooPurple_*

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:52 AM

I have a similar problem to you that has never happened before like February this year. My stomach always gets really tense and I feel nervous and jittery whenever I think about going somewhere or I am leaving to go somewhere. Of course, once I sit down in the car (before i drive, because the one time I drove feeling jittery and upset, I ran into a pipe in front of a building!) I tell myself that there is nothing to be anxious about, take a deep breath, turn on the car and feel fine.
I really don't understand why it happens, but at least I can calm myself.

Find something to make yourself calm, whether it be a little silly routine, some calming words, or whatever. Basically, whenever you do it your mind will kick your body into a calmer state as an automatic reaction once you program yourself to do it.

#7 Guest_Gypsy Princess_*

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:28 PM

Nervous Energy... hmmmmm... I had that all day today at work... but that's because work whips us to do more than we should with no reward... kinda sad really... and a horrible feeling! rolleyes.gif

#8 User is offline   fooze Icon

• It's swamp gas!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:01 PM

There's two ways I know of to get rid of nervous energy.

Method 1: Introversion.

Sit or stand or lie down. Open your eyes or have them closed. Be alone or in a crowd. Anywhere, anyhow. Then, once you're there, first concentrate on your breathing. Feel the air rushing into your nostrils and tickling the hairs (if you feel this, they are too long. Trim them). Sense the muscles and bones of your chest moving and expanding as you breathe in. Feel the movement of your clothes against your skin.

Doing this for a few minutes grounds you. You can take it further though. Keeping your attention on your breathing, slowly and with gentle kindness start examining the nervous energy within you. It's not just nervous energy, it has various subtle shades to it.

Method 2: Extroversion.

Again, this can be done anywhere, anytime. It's harder though as people may look at you funny. The idea is to let the nervous energy control you. Scream, shout, punch a wall, sprint down the street and back again. Basically, let your body be the conduit for that nervous energy to escape.
My most commonly used extroversion technique is drumming my fingers on the table or on my body.

Both these methods are as effective as each other. Sometimes it is not acceptable to scream and shout though, so a bit of eyes open breathing grounding can go a long way.

Hope this helps!
this too shall pass
--
Spoiler

#9 User is offline   Rezenic Icon

• PipPip
  • Interests:I'm interested in Role Playing Games, Anime, Manga, Book Collecting, Types of books I read include: fantasy, sci-fi(a little), gothic horror, suspense, mystery, some classics, Occult, Magick, Hermetics, and anything else that catches my eye. I like learning anything but math. I may be decent at it, but I just don't like it. <br /><br />I'm a big gamer when I have time, and I like to play mmos and some platform games too. I can't wait for Aion. I listen to all sorts of music excluding country and rap. Nobuo Uematsu is one of my many idols.
  • More:Student of the olde ways

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (Lickdafoot @ Jul 1 2008, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks smile.gif

Imagine a bubble of your own energy forming around your body, and tightening into an impenetrable shield that protects from all harm and negative thoughts. It could be a good way to use ups some of the extra energy too.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users