• You cannot reply to this topic

dreams do they tell us anything

#1 User is offline   nigel Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:weather, sport and comedy

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

I was wondering do dreams we have at night show us our past,our present and our future or are they manifested by our thoughts and feelings at the time we go to bed
the sun keeps me warm during the day,thinking of you makes me feel warm all night,you pick me up when I am down,you turn my frown upside down, I cant wait to meet you and fall in love with you sometime soon

#2 User is offline   Village Witch Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

View Postnigel, on 15 March 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

I was wondering do dreams we have at night show us our past,our present and our future or are they manifested by our thoughts and feelings at the time we go to bed?

My personal opinion... based on personal experience... is that our dreams manifest what happens to be on our mind at the time or even sometimes what we happen to have watched on TV that day. :D At least that is how it works for me.

I do believe, however, that it is possible to manifest what we dream by setting our intention to dream of a solution or for guidance... as in asking the angels or guardians or ancestors or whomever you believe in or call to to give you answers or to simply visit with you in your dreams.

When you try to fit in, you disappear.

#3 User is offline   Moopurple Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

Dreams serve a variety of purposes.
Here is my opinion on it from my personal experience and what I have heard from others or studied in psychology classes (side note: I think Freudian dream interpretation is a load of BS. Symbolism is unique to individuals due to cultural influence, language, and personal experiences. But I'm not keen on any Freudian theories).
Most commonly, they bring our concerns or desires to surface and present them as an active scenario. We may dream about past events that have some emotional significance. It is either to relive them, because something cued the memories, or to heal from them. Dreaming is one of the most effective ways to deal with emotionally taxing situations.

And I do believe that some people are capable of precognitive dreams if they're open to it. I say this due to my own experiences with precognitive dreams. Though, I have said it before: I don't think that they are 100% accurate, but act more as emotional preparation.

Dreams can also be completely abstract. There is no requirement to observe learned restrictions while dreaming as, hypothetically, they pose no long term harm to the individual. Observations made in daily life will be skewed and open the door for very creative thinking. Some brilliant scientific hypotheses and inventions have been brought to surface through dreams. :)

www.brilliantdreams.com (find the section on famous dreams or do a web search :) )

#4 User is offline   Village Witch Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:50 AM

Now why couldn't I have said that. :angry:

Loved your post, Moopurple. :wub:
When you try to fit in, you disappear.

#5 User is offline   Moopurple Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

haha thank you :)

#6 User is offline   Beware_of_Italics Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Writing in my blogs

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

View Postnigel, on 15 March 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

I was wondering do dreams we have at night show us our past,our present and our future or are they manifested by our thoughts and feelings at the time we go to bed

I think it's all of that and more:

- Precognition.

- Being "in tune' with other people. (My mother and I both have dreamed about the same two people before, and on the same night).

- Astral travel (A biggie for me, I think).

- The brain merely processing random things (of no importance) that it "sees/hears" throughout the day(s).

- Parallel lives (If they exist. I'm speaking of those times where you can't really distinguish between the two. Those moments where you're asking yourself whether X was a memory... usually something really random and mundane... or did you dream it and it just felt like it was real. Almost like deja vu, but not exactly).

- Past Lives (Maybe? I've certainly had some that seemed like it, even though at the time I didn't believe in reincarnation at all).

- Messages from guides/angels/loved one's that have passed away (Rarely happens to me these days, but I'm certain it does occur. My sister and mother used to have a lot of visits like this).

- Learning "lessons" on The Other Side in dream state. (Used to happen to my mother all the time).

- The brain coming up with solutions to issues we're having in our daily lives (pertaining to ourselves, other people, work, our past, our fears and desires).

- And I don't know what the heck to call this, but a couple of times my sister would dream that she was - literally - in my mother's shoes when my Mom was 3 or 4 years old. The first time this happened to her was a long time ago one Christmas Eve. It was really strange hearing about it. In her dream, my sister was reliving an experience my mother had with one of her brothers. (He stole her doll or something, and she was chasing him around her Granny's farmhouse. She was really angry in the dream, determined to get her dolly back, and my sister felt like she was my mother in that exact moment/memory. She described everything just as it really was: Mom's clothes, her shoes, the house, the layout of the yard and trees and bushes).
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   scleaves Icon

• PipPip

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

Dreams certainly tell us things. I dream about the dead who have passed on.

#8 User is offline   Empresse_Sybil Icon

• PipPip
  • Interests:love <3

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

I think some dreams are just random stuff piled together, and other dreams are extremely important.
Like for example I often have dreams where like, I'm at school and then pick a fight with someone for no reason or do something that makes me feel horrible, like a social gaffe or something. Those dreams are just like us working out problems in our daily life.
And then other times um, are important or like not just random dreams, like I had a dream in Feb. that this dude was going to prom with our principal, and that he was wearing a black suit and red tie, and last week he told everyone that he just asked her and she said yes and I was just on FB and they posted prom pics and he was wearing that outfit. And then sometimes yeah some are just random and some aren't, like I guess the feeling you have while you're having the dream or when you wake up is different than just a random dream like you drawing the curtains and Nicki Minaj is driving a yellow smartcar through the nieghbors yard(yeah don't ask lol)
Beware_Of_Italics has it down. Astral travel sounds so cool!
Rockin' and rollin' and out of controllin'

Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users