Universal Psychic Guild Forum: What Is Healthy? - Universal Psychic Guild Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Is Healthy? What's your view on a heatlthy diet?

#1 User is offline   Chiili Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Energy. I think that really sums it up for me, I think it's the basis for everything so for that reason I'm interested in Everything :)

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

So what do you feel is healthy?

This post has been edited by Chiili: 15 February 2013 - 05:41 AM
Reason for edit: Establishing a new thread

Magic by Shel Silverstein

Sandra's seen a leprechaun,
Eddie touched a troll,
Laurie danced with witches once,
Charlie found some goblins' gold.
Donald heard a mermaid sing,
Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known
I've had to make myself.

#2 Guest_CosmicEgg_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

:woofpup:

#3 User is offline   Chiili Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Energy. I think that really sums it up for me, I think it's the basis for everything so for that reason I'm interested in Everything :)

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

Whoooaaa do you think you'll live if you don't eat? What about malnutrition? :blink: If you know it's safe for you to do and your really think having solid food is hurting you/a vice then... yeah... I don't know what to say. Just don't hurt yourself lol I like you too much :D

So I gave what you said some thought. I think what I'll do is cut down 2 hours of tv and internet time a day. That way I have to do something else. Whether I choose that to be yoga or do some much desired sewing or some other craft project. TV and internet is a Serious vice for me LOL. I spend so much of my time doing something with my son it's nice to do nothing and have someone entertain me for once LOL :lol:

Eddie touched a troll,
Susy spied an elf,
I've had to make myself.

#4 Guest_CosmicEgg_*

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

#5 User is offline   Chiili Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

Well as long as you know what you're doing. I'm glad that this comes at a time that it means something to you so that's fantastic.

I agree that when it comes to American diets we waaaaaayyy over eat. Have you seen the movie Forks Over Knives? That was an awesome movie. Very enlightening. It follows the basic principle that you have in mind. Eat less. My son I never want to force him to eat. I don't want him to ever feel like he needs to clean his plate but i do want him to eat a varied diet and to well, eat. And well that's my job. The kids that don't eat as many don't they're going through a stage, my son is at "playing is more interesting than food stage." Deny him his ability to play, get up and move around and that boy can suddenly take it down. What once was, no i don't wanna is mmm good, gone. I'm just glad that was his choice. Kids definitely need a decent amount of food for the energy that they expend but their body is more efficient than ours and there's less waste clogging their system and impeding their ability to obtain nutrients that they need, so they need a lot but not as much as most American parents think. My son is a strong and athletic little dude for a 2 1/2 year old, so as there may be days, weeks even when he eats very little I still feel confident that he's doing just fine.

Well good luck to us both! :D

Eddie touched a troll,
Susy spied an elf,
I've had to make myself.

#6 Guest_Moopurple_*

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

I just hope everyone keeps in mind that metabolism, rate of activity, and body type determine how much calories and which type you need to be consuming each day. There is no one-size-fits-all diet. Just a little health reminder to the general audience. ;)

#7 Guest_CosmicEgg_*

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

#8 User is offline   Village Witch Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

View PostCosmicEgg, on 14 February 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

In a very tiny nutshell, we are all meant to eat locally produced foods exclusively. * Do not eat foods that are out of season - not ever! I live in the frozen north. If I can do it, so can you.* Eat only a handful of different foods over the course of a week or month. * Also, when you cook, keep the number of ingredients to a bare minimum. The number 'five' has been my rule, including water and salt. * And eat salt. Pure, unrefined sea salt. Not pickling salt and never iodized salt. * Use pure, farm-fresh butter. Get it from the source if you can. * Do not drink sodas for any reason, ever. Pure poison. * With every meal, for as long as you eat meals, eat some sort of naturally fermented food like sauerkraut or kimchi. We need bugs in our guts. * Wash fruits and vegetables with baking soda and water. *

While I do not do this, I wholeheartedly agree. My son is a huge fan of sustainable forest gardening and has taught me much. My husband and I eat only grass fed meat. It took awhile getting used to the change in taste.

I ate paleo for two months and lost 24 pounds. One noticeable thing was that my feces didn't stink. I am seriously planning to start eating paleo again. I don't know why I quit. I felt great and didn't get hungry or sick and dizzy from hunger like I often do when I eat all the wrong foods. Corn and wheat are foods I try to keep out of my diet at all times.

I also believe it is important to listen to our bodies. If I crave carrots, I eat carrots, even if I crave carrots for a week. Obviously there is a reason why.
When you try to fit in, you disappear.

#9 Guest_CosmicEgg_*

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:44 AM

:lol:

#10 Guest_Moopurple_*

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

View PostCosmicEgg, on 14 February 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

Ladies, that's not how the body works. I'm really sorry to have to be the first to tell you but some day all of this will be common knowledge.

Why this approach or tone?
Everything that you wrote about, I have heard before. Why are you suggesting that we are ignorant to such things?

I don't see the productivity in denying the possibility of others having their facts correct. No one said anything about going out and consuming as much processed food as you like. Whether it's in nature or from the grocery store (as city dwellers unfortunately can't grow their own gardens often) you still need lipids, proteins, and carbs in varying amounts based on environment, BMR, and exercise level. It's literally the components of your body.

Editted to add: Fasting only slows metabolism because you fail to produce mitochondria.

#11 Guest_CosmicEgg_*

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:12 AM

:rolleyes:

#12 User is offline   Chiili Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

Cosmic you're on a roll hijacking topics :P

:lol:

This is all interesting and obviously something people want to discuss so instead of trying to get back to my original thread which doesn't have much in terms of content (yet) I'm going to just rename this thread to "What is Healthy?" and put it in the Debates. :)

Eddie touched a troll,
Susy spied an elf,
I've had to make myself.

#13 Guest_CosmicEgg_*

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

^_^

#14 Guest_Moopurple_*

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

Chiili, I agree with your decision to move these posts. Sorry for adding to the hijacking. ;)

And Cosmic Egg, the mitochondria is the location in your cell that sends out signals for metabolic activity. If you lower your energy, your body needs a signal to basically shut down activity. Lower exercise and BMR.

Mitochondria development is stunted in individuals who have low energy consumption. The mitochondria is basically the organelle in your cell which interprets chemical signals and controls growth and lifecycle of the cell. One can imagine what happens when mitochondria levels are drastically lowered. Cell function is drastically lowered.

#15 Guest_CosmicEgg_*

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

#16 User is offline   intuitive Icon

• PipPip
  • Interests:Helping others

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:45 AM

I haven't been healthy in a long time

I know healthy is the complete opposite of my so-called diet

Definitely exercise regularly, eat healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables, drink at least 8 cups of water, limit the amount of junk food you consume
Blah blah blah

Basically don't be lazy and shove bad food in your face all day :)

#17 User is offline   intuitive Icon

• PipPip

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:09 AM

View PostChamuel, on 25 March 2014 - 07:00 AM, said:

Just thinking about this more. I think I need to start being more healthy, better sleep, more exercise, more fruit, more water. I wonder if that will help my anxiety levels.

I couldn't have said it any better :)

What I would give to get rid of my anxiety and insomnia as well as my unsatisfied weight level

#18 User is offline   intuitive Icon

• PipPip

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:24 AM

View PostChamuel, on 25 March 2014 - 07:14 AM, said:

I dont suffer with insomnia, but have done on occasion a long time ago. That is actually when I first started meditating, as I couldnt sleep through the night decided to get up and meditate instead, as it should give us some rest at least.

Do you have any guided meditations you can listen to in bed when you can't sleep? I have a chakra clearing one by Doreen Virtue, which sends me to sleep.

I've actually been wanting to start meditating again

I want to be a healthier person, mentally, physically, and emotionally

#19 User is offline   intuitive Icon

• PipPip

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

View PostChamuel, on 25 March 2014 - 07:32 AM, said:

If you do a search online there will be some free music for meditation, reiki or relaxation.

Why dont we both do affirmations about our health?

Mine is

"Every day I am becoming healthier in mind, body and spirit"Posted Image

I ask the Angels to help me with this.

"My health will balance in time, but will continue to shift with unhealthy habits"

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users