Universal Psychic Guild Forum: Paradise or Oblivion - Universal Psychic Guild Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Paradise or Oblivion

#1 User is offline   Derple Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:39 AM

#2 User is offline   sascha aldrich Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I'm interested in everything!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

View PostHorne27, on 19 June 2012 - 12:39 AM, said:

I know this is slightly off-topic in a spiritual sense. But I enjoyed this video on youtube. Please watch the video, It's a interesting concept.
http://www.youtube.c...ayer_embedded#!

Anyway, I think a city that is incorporated in nature would be a wonderful idea. Because our current cities, Although historically, Culturally beautiful. They are ugly in the sense they are like a cancer growing over the beauty of the earth.

I think the video is a bit spooky in that this proposed society would be run by "science". In essence, all planning and the lives of people would be run by some sort of central "science" authority. Modern science cannot even explain how the human brain works, or what a human being really is. Medical science is the 3rd leading cause of death and injury, responsible for death and injury second only to cancer and heart disease - which are themselves probably side-effects of "scientific" industrialized food and lifestyle recommendations. By contrast, could we say that religion is the third leading cause of death? No. But medical science is, and this is what they are proposing will run everyone's lives.

Also, these cities and houses (not to mention flying cars, boats, monorails, and such) shown in the video are obviously a result of mining and heavy industry, but they are presented as being in harmony with nature. I doubt it. I have never seen such things occur naturally, and the mass movement of resources from one place to another is far from natural. So is housing human beings on pylons in the ocean eating artificially farmed fish. So is human beings eating hydroponically grown food. None of this is natural or in harmony with nature. Seems like just a scheme whereby people will be given what they want so that they will work for science-run industry and technology. They specifically list tennis courts as something people will need. The whole thing seems odd. As an incentive program, it may be slightly more humane than the current behaviorist reward/punishment system, but it's still some sort of elite entity running humanity like a farming operation.

View PostHorne27, on 19 June 2012 - 12:39 AM, said:

I know such a idea is not possible with our current system, But if the earth could restart, With say, 1 million humans, And they built this and no one owned anything, All resources belonged to everyone. I think we could become a very, Intellectually, Spiritually advanced species.

That would mean we would need LESS technology. Spiritual and intellectual advancement can figure out how to live without manipulating everything and constructing crutches. There are now hugely elaborate medical machines used to diagnose what people in the past could just directly see and hear in a person in front of them. People drive cars to stores just two blocks away. Technology is what people invent and use when they cannot figure out how things really work, or when some part of them becomes weak or impaired. Spiritually and intellectually advanced people would need no technology of war and killing. In the past, they didn't have any. Look for a very old (over 40,000yrs) cave painting of mass warfare and humans murdering humans. You won't find any. Technological "progress" is a sign of degeneration, not one of advancing spirituality or intelligence.

- Sascha

#3 Guest_Ard DeRio_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

I would not want to restart.
I want to improve the current situation.
We have the tools to succeed, and I would rathe succeed here then allow this world to sink lower while I attempt to control a new body of people.
However I hate the city,
Isaiah 5:8 fully supports the natural faith of disdaining the city,
which is supported by Abrahams faith who declared to his nephew, move away from me for we have to many people and herds among us to live together in the land. Abraham recieved a covenant. While the Egyptians were the first people to be recorded dying at an age younger than 120 years: the age Moses died at at the top of the mountain: and the age Moses wrote we have to live upo earth; 120 years.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users