Universal Psychic Guild Forum: Psychics should be registered? - Universal Psychic Guild Forum

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Psychics should be registered?

#21 User is offline   nelehnotrop Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

Q: Should Psychics be registered? A: You may as well tame & harness the wind.

I was asked many years ago should prostitution be legalized? My answer was "yes"....not because it legitimized the oldest profession in the world... As I felt that was a separate moral debate...but we could then monitor tax, disease & underage soliciting...and maybe even be able to help those under the influence of coercion. My point being there ARE merits for "Registration"....however...?

I have been to four separate "Readers over a 9yr period....three out of the four had a 90% hit rate on my world...the other had been reputed as having a good rep but was quite off the mark...and actually quite offensive towards me in a few respects.

Should people be penalized for having a bad read day???...... or not being able to tune into a particular individual????....so far we have not asked the question of the responsibility of the person going for a reading...."Motives for the session" as this has a huge sway on the satisfactory outcome.

So does it mean if you dont like like what you hear...you get your money back?.....there are so many things in life we do not get a refund on (wish I got a refund for every Dud BF) and we take our chances of knowing that there may or may not be a satisfactory outcome for this.

My suggestion is follow up your research for a reliable source and take ones chance....however if you cannot afford to part with much needed cash nor can take the news of an unsatisfactory outcome....my advice is "Do not go".

We all know that there are people out there that do win lotto tickets....but our chance of winning is 3000,000 to one....know the figures and make an assessment....sadly there will always be those that will prey on others vulnerabilities....and sadly there are those that think that they have more abilities than they really do.

It would be wonderful to know when things will get better or when we will be truly happy again?....but what if you were to be told "It's not for years yet!!....what would you do?....curl up into a little ball and hide in your cupbourd until 2015...or try to change your life NOW! Make things happen for yourself...believe in yourself.

The topics of governing boards are certainly interestiing, but I'd like to go back to the root of the question....'Should psychics be registerd?".

Flying below the radar protects the ones with true ability from (hopefully) exploitation.....anyone who has followed Alison DuBois unusual life would agree that the massive disruption and dangerous exposure of one & their families for eg, might agree that as wonderful a notion as it is....corruption and practicality always gets in the way.

Good luck to all looking for answers, protect yourselves by making centred balanced decisions but 'Never' invest "Everything" in one persons interpretation for your world....use it as added assessment tools for living your life and understand the risks of that advice.

I've had Dr.s tell me that I did not have a DVT against my innate sense of judgement...if I had not followed my own heart...I would be dead right now.

Follow your instincts....it was given to you for a reason.

Kindest Regards

Neleh

Neleh :)

#22 Guest_Dot_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

I mean if psychics were registered it would only be for those who have a business number and intend to read for profit... that's all.

Hmm...I don't know if 'registration' would be by the government. Maybe it would be done by a not-for-profit organization?

#23 User is offline   sascha aldrich Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:I'm interested in everything!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

",,,some people wonder if there should be a registration board for psychics."

I wonder who would control the registry. One reason doctors and others are registered/licensed with state boards is to retain a degree of control of that industry by the state. They gain votes for the regulation by presenting it as a consumer protection, and it may act as that, but the overall effect is that the state controls who is licensed or not. It may, in the case of medicine, keep out "quacks", but it also keeps out much innovation and all kinds of traditional medicinal practices. For example, in effect, it insures that if someone comes up with a way to cure cancer using a common substance, with no surgery or radiation or chemo to be used, the interests of industry (and thus state taxes) will not be threatened by such a thing. It will be illegal until "proven" - by the very same regulators, and the industry they protect. In other words, until they can retool and get a piece of the action. Or, it could just plain be marginalized and killed in the media, which is also regulated by similar interests. The whole thing seems a bit messy.

If psychics are regulated by the state, that's a little bit like saying the state can license intuitive conversation, expression of "gut feelings", and so forth. If psychics are regulated by an "authoritative board" of some sort, it gives that board a kind of political power over the same things. Then again, if there is a business in that, then someone is going to want to "regulate" that business.

Of course, in terms of dealing with bogus psychics, there are client referrals and reviews, the psychic's general reputation, and other items useful in not getting ripped off. Psychic fairs are a good way to "test drive" some psychics (at least, the ones who do psychic fairs) and if they are legit, to maybe arrange for a deeper reading privately. I would probably not seek out any psychic who had not been recommended by a trusted friend.

I think another way for psychics to stay genuine is to offer a refund if a client is not satisfied (which is what I do). If the psychic can do that, then a lot of the business problem would be solved. I also think maybe psychics should not do readings for every single person who inquires. They should take the ones where they feel that they can do the best reading, and they should know who that is and who that isn't - they're supposed to be psychic, right?

#24 User is offline   nelehnotrop Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

This is primarily an underground society, it is like asking "Harry Potters" 'Hogwarts to acknowledge Muggles as being Valid for a registry!"

Neleh.
Neleh :)

#25 User is offline   fooze Icon

• It's swamp gas!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

Certified Psychic. Has a bit of a ring to it.

To summarise the thread, there seems to be two ways put forward to recognise actual psychic ability. The first is a test, somebody mentioned flash cards. Would anyone here seriously be willing to put their abilities up to an objective evaluation?

The second method, which may actually be feasible, is a system of client feedback. I think an avenue for complaints would be sufficient, but the registrating body would need to have a high enough profile that the majority of consumers would be aware of it. If a particular psychic receives too many complaints then they could be deregistered.

Myself and many other non-believers would pose strong opposition to governmental regulation of the psychic industry as it would give credence to the idea of psychic powers existing.

To appear more legitimate, psychics could disseminate information like the following:

http://www.scamwatch...lairvoyantScams

http://www.guardian..../2008/apr/06/eu
this too shall pass
--
Spoiler

#26 User is offline   Made Of Metal Icon

• Pip

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:11 AM

Doesn't everyone have psychic ability?

#27 User is offline   Victoria Icon

• The Queen of Hearts
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:53 PM

View PostMade Of Metal, on 26 December 2015 - 12:11 AM, said:

Doesn't everyone have psychic ability?

Yes.

But I think Chamuel has a point: some lose it for one or more of many reasons.

You must trust yourself even when the world doubts you.

Sri Chinmoy

"I believe in your reality as much as I believe in my own." Chamuel

Slow down!
Rushing won't get you there any quicker.

I think, therefore... I create my own reality.

Blessed are those who look after the animals, for theirs is the kingdom of love...
"Not to hurt our humble brethren (the animals) is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission -- to be of service to them whenever they require it. If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."

Saint Francis of Assisi

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO FEED THE ANIMALS -- ALL IT COSTS IS A CLICK.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users