Universal Psychic Guild Forum: My version of the Law of Attraction - Universal Psychic Guild Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My version of the Law of Attraction

#1 User is offline   the captain Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:50 PM

I think that many people misinterpret The Law of Attraction. They think it means that if you repeat over and over that you are rich or attractive or fit or or getting a new car or being hired as a big company CEO or whatever, you will be. But what if you haven't chosen a life of wealth, beauty, authority or health? What if that is not how you will learn your lessons in this lifetime? Have you been asking and asking for more money or to lose weight or to meet a wonderful partner or get a great new job etc without result? Have you been trying to be as positive and upbeat as you can... and still nothing?

I believe the Law of Attraction is best practised through finding and being your real self, the authentic 'you', the one who knows what you really came here to do. Being rich, attractive or fit may not be on your agenda this time around. But becoming more spiritual and whole and true will definitely be. In making use of the Law of Attraction, you first have to remember who you are. Maybe you were real as a kid before the adults screwed with your mind and heart. You are not being real as an adult if you are hiding your authentic self behind a false image, whether it be with kilos of fleshy 'protection' against the world or forcing your body to be unnaturally thin or artificial, pretending not to care about anything or anyone, putting on an intellectual front to cover up what you are feeling or the opposite - pretending to be dumb to fit in or attract a job or a partner - working at a job or study you hate, living a lifestyle that means nothing to you, being with people you know are not good for you, saying you understand or accept things when you really don't, being responsible all the time when you just want to have fun, putting on a fake smile and a cheerful demeanour when you want to scream or cry, or pretending to be whatever you are not in whatever manner. Stop saying or doing what you know isn't you. Stop lying to yourself and everyone else. Your conscious ideals may be stopping you from achieving what is really yours. False vibes attract incompatible objectives...or nothing at all. Only when you become real inside will you attract your true outer life - and it may not be the ideal one you have envisioned consciously, but will definitely suit you much more than your present life and may even be much better than you could ever have dreamed.

So trust that the Universe and spirit will support you in achieving the lifestyle that will best help you grow and evolve and learn what you came here to learn. Stop asking for specifics and allow your natural self to blossom and attract what you need. Work through your fears and insecurities. Become that pure, powerful, beautiful soul you are at your core. And then you will have everything!
"Sometimes a feeling is all we humans have to go on." Captain James T. Kirk
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying." Woody Allen
"People will forget what you said...and people will forget what you did...but people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou

#2 User is offline   Posibilities Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:50 PM

Loved reading this - thank you!

#3 User is offline   Village Witch Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:39 PM

Loved it, Captain. :wub:

I find the most attractive people are those that are authentic.

I read a quote once that said you don't attract what you want but that you attract what you are.

Trust is my middle name. I trust.
When you try to fit in, you disappear.

#4 User is offline   mom9497 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:25 AM

Well said Captain. Thank you.

#5 User is offline   the captain Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:43 PM

I think the biggest responsibility we have in life to ourselves and to those around us, and how we serve best, is to be who we truly are.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying." Woody Allen
"People will forget what you said...and people will forget what you did...but people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou

#6 User is offline   mom9497 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:34 AM

I agree Angel Soul and Captain, but sometimes it's not so easy even with family and friends. Expectations and the need to "not disappoint" can really hinder you from being the "real you". And that's if you really know who the "real you" is. This is something I struggle with and am working on!

#7 User is offline   the captain Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:32 AM

View PostAngel Soul, on 24 August 2016 - 06:44 PM, said:

So would you say "being who you really are, attracts what you truly need"

That sums it up nicely.

View Postmom9497, on 25 August 2016 - 02:34 AM, said:

I agree Angel Soul and Captain, but sometimes it's not so easy even with family and friends. Expectations and the need to "not disappoint" can really hinder you from being the "real you". And that's if you really know who the "real you" is. This is something I struggle with and am working on!

Mom9497, on a deep level, people always know when we are pretending. So it might be easier than you think to 'come out' to close friends and family. If you think you are protecting them by behaving in a way that is not 'you', it may actually be harming them by teaching them that to pretend to be what you are not is OK. Thus, the tradition of 'wearing a mask' can get passed on from generation to generation, preventing the absolute intimacy and closeness that comes from sharing the truth of 'you'. And then nobody gets what they really want, either.

#8 User is offline   mom9497 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:24 AM

I agree Captain, but I don't believe that trying to find the 'real you' means you are pretending to be someone you are not. I've been truly blessed in this lifetime, so I must be doing something right. I have come a long way since I've begun my spiritual journey and I know there's still a lot of work to be done. Rome wasn't built in a day!! :)

#9 User is offline   the captain Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:17 AM

View Postmom9497, on 25 August 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

I agree Captain, but I don't believe that trying to find the 'real you' means you are pretending to be someone you are not. I've been truly blessed in this lifetime, so I must be doing something right. I have come a long way since I've begun my spiritual journey and I know there's still a lot of work to be done. Rome wasn't built in a day!! :)

So what does finding the real 'you' mean to you?

#10 User is offline   mom9497 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:17 PM

View Postthe captain, on 26 August 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

So what does finding the real 'you' mean to you?

Finding my authentic self, my spiritual self, my soul. Questioning "Am I on the right path? Am I living and fulfilling the lessons I was meant to learn in this lifetime? What are the lessons?"
Maybe you're right, unconsciously, I am wearing a mask. Being brought up Catholic, many of by beliefs go against my faith. Sometimes it's just easier to stay quiet. I know this is the cowardly way, but like I said earlier, I'm working on it. Baby steps.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users